Really I’m still here! I’m sorry, it’s just a busy time of year! And a homesick time too, I might add.
Anyhow, I think I’ve finally pulled together my reading list for next year. I took a look at the suggestions here, polled friends, and reviewed my to read list on Goodreads (for books previously recommended but not yet read). . .and cobbled together a list. Which I will read in no particular order, and reserving the right to make substitutions on the fly, because that’s the way I read.
- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shafer
- John Adams by David McCullough
- . . .And Ladies of the Club by Helen Hooven Santmyer
- The Sandcastle Girls by Chris Bohjalian
- Everything I Want to Do Is Illegal by Joel Salatin
- Dumbing Us Down by John Taylor Gatto
- How Children Learn by John Holt
- The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
- The Hammer of God by Bo Giertz
- Kristin Lavranssdatter by Sigrid Undset
Alternates. . .will be listed as need.